View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #29
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

What goes around comes around. If you absolutely needed to do that to keep your job, it was a mistake but not a huge deal. Maybe you needed that little help to get by until you are a better salesperson working at a cut-throat corporation. But to cheat people that way simply to boost sales, have that safety cushion for the number you have to hit, or just for the hell of it, it's a slippery slope to douchbagery and worse things. Just for this one time, I hope the customers don't figure out what you did and complain to the management. If I were the manager, I would most likely fire you immediately, or at least suspend your employment, and look into inventory and register count to make sure that nothing was stolen from the store. You might get blamed for theft by customers or co-workers.

My English professor brought up an interesting article during a classroom discussion about what some of the major business colleges started doing recently. The colleges began running their entrance essays into some website that scans essays and finds plagiarism. I forget the figure, but it was some staggering figure by which people cheated on their entrance essay. Everyone that cheated was rejected from the colleges on the basis that people that cheat to get into schools would also cheat in school and, most importantly, in the world of business. In light of recent major events like Madoff, some businessmen do lack ethics, and had their school or employer questioned their ethics and upheld a high standard, we wouldn't have had these incidents.

Last futzed with by bluesinorbit; February 15th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote