Old March 3rd, 2020, 08:17 AM   #6
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I got set of Velg vRossi wheels in 17x3.0/4.5”. There was guy that imported them quite few years back. Actually saves couple lbs over stock. Unfortunately they came with crap bearings that lasted only couple hundred miles. Which kinda killed sales I think. So I got them 2nd-hand and spent 15-minutes replacing bearings and they’re good as new!

Yes, I can get 30-days out of Q3+. Got entire season ~50 days out of set of Alpha-13 couple years ago. What really kills tyres are too much trail-braking and skipping rear-tyre or sliding under braking. I find I get faster laptimes by braking less! Now I go flat-out in corners where I used to do massive braking and downshifting. I’ll post some tyre photos in other thread.

Oh I see kool regarding the 4.5 inch rear. Nice pick up!

Another reason to love these little bikes on the track, the tires last FOREVER! I have 20+ days on my Michelin RS on the 400. I am sure I can get another 10 days out of the rear and probably the rest of the season on the front. On my 750 I was getting maybe 6 to 10 days out of a rear tire. Depending on the tracks of course.
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote