View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2022, 07:36 AM   #4
Badapplesrepair
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Carlos

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by racered View Post
Let me say congrats and well done. I don't know if you have ridden your bike yet but I hope so. If not, why not?
Just do a thorough checkup on all the hardware to make sure there are no loose bolts and such. It happens!
That would be my break in advice for you.
It sounds like the motor is already well seasoned.
I'm curious what adjustments were needed if any for the valves.
Was the lash loose or tight or out of spec? Did you buy a shim kit, or was all well and no adjusting needed?
As far as color choice, do what YOU want then ride that thing, you won't be thinking about fashion or looks when you hit that perfect apex, just the next apex! Everything else is old oatmeal.
I recognize the effort required to take a neglected bike and bring it back to a safe and top performing machine
Let's hear some news about your results!

Have not ridden it yet. I got quite busy in December all the way through the middle of January. I filled all the fluids and discovered a leak at one of the coolant pipes, ordered new O rings abut I got busy again. I installed the o ring a few weeks back but I’ve had nothing but hesitation on my part, mostly due to fear that the engine would blow up on me. I woke up with resolve and just fired it up this morning for the first time in 21 months. turned on easily, I felt incredibly relieved that it works. As far as the valve lash, all of the valves where out of spec, most of them had a gap between .003 and .006.
Badapplesrepair is offline   Reply With Quote