View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #67
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
So today was crazy busy, and I usually try to be in bed early since I have a 4:00AM tomorrow. I got home from work around 8PM, and got stuck on grandma duty until 9. Still needed to do some stuff before bed, like make my bed and crap, and I was like, "NOOOOOOPE. You're going to go work out, even if only for an hour, dumb***." So I pop outside into the marine layer for a run, and I'm pooped, but the whole time I'm trash-talking in my head. "No excuses, awwww why didn't you do this earlier? Guess what, too bad. Faster, little piggy. Don't you wish you did this first thing in the morning now? Oh well. Better luck tomorrow, **** face. Getting tired? Want to take a break? That all you got? Wah-wah. What's that? You aren't getting enough sleep? You don't need it anyway. Tough it out, wimpy." And stuff of a similar nature.

I get back to the house, and I feel like I'm going to puke, but that's not the plan. Time for some body weight and lifting circuits (includes sets of push-ups, planks, squats, lunges, presses, etc.) and more motivational trash-talking. Go me. Right up until I almost fall right on my stupid nose from doing push-ups to exhaustion, because who cares about set numbers past your minimum goal, right?

Now food, and realizing I'm having difficulty with lifting my plate, which is situated over my eye-level. And it isn't even loaded with food yet. Aaaah, hyup. Good times.
You and I.. we have the same type of mental illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenaero View Post
@EternalNewb, its good you got your workout in but be careful to not overdo it. I used to be so compulsive in my workouts I would injure myself. Then you can't work out wile you recover or are limitied in what you can do.

Yesterday I had to replace a garbage disposal and work on removing the alternator from my wife's Lexus RX350. The disposal replacement was pretty straight forward but the alternator is a #$%^ bear ! I spent hours trying to wiggle the alternator out out of a very tight space in a hot garage. I finally quit without getting the alternator out. I had dinner was watching a baseball game when I rememebered I hadn't worked out today so I did situps, core workout, back exercises on the floor in front of the TV and finished off without with sets of one-armed and fingertip pushups. The A's won and I slept great last night!
I have removed hundreds of alternators over the years working as an automotive mechanic. Usually there's a specific angle or twist that you can work it out in. REMEMBER THAT ANGLE because you'll have to go all through it again when you have to put the new one back in.

And I hate to say it, but I've had to remove motor mounts and jack an engine up off of the frame to make a suitable gap before. Hopefully that's not the case with your lexus.

Don't forget that there's usually very detailed DIY guides for most common tasks like that on the internet.

Good workout, and good luck!