View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2022, 04:00 PM   #8
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
What's the best way to get the inside of it cleaned out then? I planned on going to the very core of the engine and rebuilding ground up to clean every part but if it doesn't require me to split it open I'd like to get it as clean as I can.
Insides are sealed if engine was in one-piece and not disassembled when you got it. You can drain oil and send in sample to one of those used-oil analysis places. From metal contents, they can tell if there's unusual wear that requires replacing rings or bearings.

Most of time, running through one sacrificial oil-change for 100km should be all that's needed to clean up inside. Then replace with full-synthetic JASO MA oil.

Of course, not knowing exact condition of engine can be unnerving. Did PO ever have bike running and can verify engine engine didn't make any unusual noises? You can run '88 Ninja engine to see how it sounds. If good, you can put it in ZZR while you take your time with ZZR's engine.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 27th, 2022 at 01:45 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote