View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Corbin (Company)

THIS REVIEW IS ON CORBIN AS A COMPANY NOT AS A PRODUCT!

Hey everyone. I wanted to write about my experience with the well known motorcycle seat company "Corbin."

I've owned a corbin before on my ninja 250 and liked it, so when I was looking for a new seat for my 2008 Honda CBR 600rr I thought i'd give corbin a try..

Very expensive seat at ~$280 shipped.

Anyway, here's what happened.

6/24/2015
Seat ordered: Talked to customer service they seemed nice on the phone. Helped me with the order process. The ordering process seemed easy enough... you picked your bike, then you picked the part # then you told them the year/make/model of your bike and any additional notes. Anyway, I filled out everything as best as I could.

6/25/2015
Apparently they didn't take the funds out of my bank so I e-mailed them, prompt response they e-mailed back within 24 hours and took the money and started the work... odd that there was a delay, but no problem.

7/21/2015
After nearly a month. The seat finally arrived. Unfortunately they sent me the wrong seat. They sent me a seat from a 2006 cbr not 2008. They claimed it was my fault even though I clearly wrote in the order that my bike was a 2008. Even if that were the case, why would they have a section that asks for the year of your bike if they don't even read it??? Anyway.... I talked to the guy and he said I just have to send the seat back but he wasn't going to charge me a restocking fee or shipping on the new seat (although I had to send the old one back on my dime) which was fine.

However, here is where the Negative review comes into place.

Here's where things get sketchy...

I e-mailed their employee "chris" 3 times and he never once replied even though he had sent me e-mails before... THEN I e-mailed their employee "Danielle" 2 times and she never replied either even though her and I were talking before I got my seat. So basically, they just cut off all contact with me. I sent those e-mails out over 2 weeks ago and NOTHING.

8/06/2015
After being fed up with having my e-mails ignored I decided to call them, I spoke to a rep and she seemed nice and cheerful at first, I was very respectful and nice to her. Once I told her my order number things changed though, she got really cold towards me. Told me the seat is almost ready and they'll send it out within a few business days.
I said "thank you very much" and she replied with "Uh huh.... bye" and hung up. Wow.

Now it is 8/13/2015 I still have yet to receive a tracking number or any e-mail replies. I'm going to call again tomorrow. I just wanted to heed warning to all of you. If you plan on buying with Corbin USE CAUTION! They have by far the worst customer service I have ever seen! Not worth the headache.

There is absolutely no excuse to not return a customers e-mails or hang up on them on the phone. This is completely unwarranted.
I'll continue to update...

Edit: Here is a picture of the order, clearly stating it a 2008. Again, that's not the purpose of the thread but this is for you who keep putting literally all the blame on just me.

Final Edit: I received my seat a week ago. It arrived without notice from company. But whatever, I got my seat and I'm happy. It's still in the break-in period so it's not super comfortable. But I believe it will be a decent touring/commuting seat. Anyway. Corbin did hold up their end of the bargain, so that's good. But they refused to communicate with me at all. Just keep that all in mind if you ever plan on ordering something from them.

Last futzed with by Hero Danny; August 29th, 2015 at 12:48 PM.
Hero Danny is offline   Reply With Quote