View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2020, 05:43 PM   #34
F9zSlavik
ninjette.org member

Name: Gabriel

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2005 / SFV650 2013

Guys side note, how do I install the clip on handle bars? I took one of the handle bars off but the bar isnt out enough for me to put the clip-on on it. If i insert the clip-on, about a quarter of the clip on is making contact with the rod. Trying searching for videos on youtube but all i get is semi modern 250 :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Go ahead and test-ride bike in current stock condition. Do series of runs to redline with 25/50/75/100% throttle in 4th-gear and note how it feels. Document any throttle X rpm areas with dead-spots, or stumbles. i.e. 50%@8000rpms or 75%@6000rpms, etc.

Then install your exhaust and do same test. Compare conditions that had difficulty before and how it feels now. Also note any new areas that has stumbles.

This data may be enough for competent mechanic to tune better without actual AFR data. You may get only 1/2 of power-gains without actual dyno-tuning, but bike should at least be rideable.

When you get chance, fine-tune and dial it in on dyno. Some possible places, check reviews and get personal references. Verify that they have staff that knows how to tune carbs:

North County Hypersports in Oceanside
Mickey Cohen Motorsports, Placentia
Performance Choppers, El Cajon
Full Throttle Powersports, Santee
I couldn't get a hold 3 out of the 4. Full Throttle wants to charge me 300 for it. Is that the going price?

Funny enough they have a Ninja 400 in stock with 6k miles on it. He wants 4k for it. I told him i have 3. He said he will take the 3 plus the ninja 250. Told him i would think about it.

I then spoke with someone at POWAY MOTORCYCLE. He said he help create the jet kit from Power Sports. He said he would jet it but would charge me however long it takes him to properly jet it. Anywhere between 100 and 200 bucks. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
If somebody offered me 2/k for my 2011 250, I would sell in a heart beat. I have fixed it up and put allot of money in her. I would just about break even. I would get a N300 or R3. But maybe I should wait and see how I like the 250 on the track. 1st track day of the season will be in early April at NCBIKE.

2 reasons I would sell the 250, I hate dealing with carbs and slightly more power with the 300 or R3. I love my 400!
I sold my ninja 250 and bought a 300. I didn't like the 300. I loved the ABS but i didnt like the overall feel of the bike. I dod love the look and i do want a 400 or a ninja 300 red color.

So i sold my ninja 250 and got it back for half of what i sold it for. The guy at full trottle offer to sell me a ninja 40p for 4k, will take 3k cash along with my Ninja 250. I dont feel its worth it.
F9zSlavik is offline   Reply With Quote