Thread: New Bike...
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #1
YMCMB
YMCMBillionaire

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R(Wrecked&Gone), 2004 Honda CBR1000RR (Trading back to dealer for 600cc)

New Bike...

Don't know if this belongs here or not but here goes.

I had the bike sold for 3500 a day after graduating HS met a girl who was at 3500. So accepted it drove home an went to get cleaned and title ready for next day and so I come to light stop look all ways green arrow occurs... I turn and in my turn a white car blows the light and I braked and tagged the side of her car she continued about half a block my bike went down as did I. One tiny scratch and a sore wrist was all I got. Had jeans converse t shirt and Stryker vest and cycle gears gloves and a helmet. So months later got a settlement offer of 3500 took it and had some cash. So today (wreck happened 5/22/13 ) today I went and for idk why I got a 04 CBR1000 drove like 12 miles home just fine. Confident everything I shifted slow and babied it 4-5k Rpm I know bash me call me a puss etc but I got home fine. I talked to dealer and personally think its too big for city and some freeway riding computing to work and back about 15-10 mile to and then again back home. So he said to just bring it back Monday when he's in and he would find me a suitable 600 like zx6 cbr600 etc. I had my 250 for 3 years had 2500miles and put over 8-9 on it. I know my limits and the cbr1000 I gave it has a few times just seemed like its a bike for a racer more than a passenger and commuter. I'm 6ft 3 and 240-250 range but I'm sure a 600 is more sensible I just wanna hear thoughts haha. I handles the 1k very well IMO. Felt like I did I mean didnt crash or drop or anything. Ill put pics of it and of my 250 that's now gone :,(