View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2016, 06:58 PM   #44
Burphel
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Bonneville, Ninja 300

Testing Day 3 / Race Day 2! Sept 25th

Nice and sunny out. A bit chilly early on, but the track is dry at least. I went out for the full first practice and no further engine problems. I did notice a similar situation, where I was covering the clutch and my fingers twitched or something and I lost power. This is my new best guess on the turn 9 incident yesterday. Note to self: This isn't the street, keep ya damn fingers off the levers until it's time to use them. Bike is starting to feel right again.

Race 1: ULW SS. This is a regular 6-lapper. Goes without incident this time. Still slow, but the race was red flagged when I was about turn 3 on the 4th lap. Seems somebody had lost it at Turn 9 and the airfence needed to be repaired. Rider would walk away. Go airfence! Also, go me... nobody had passed me before the red flag was thrown! It may not have been full race distance, but I made my secondary goal of not getting lapped! Best lap 1:45.187 (down a bit from yesterday, but so were the leaders).

Race 2: ULW SB. 5 lap race due to a major cleanup just before lunchtime. Really, everything felt as right as it could be for this race. Nice weather, most of my butterflies taken care of. Once again lapped at about the 3rd in. But better lap times overall and a *lot* of toe scraping. I definitely need to move rearset brackets and clip-ons up a bit on my priorities list. Best lap 1:42.123 (for reference, the leader ran a 1:22.861).

After pulling in from the second race, I notice a loud boiling noise coming from my radiator and a huge, sudden backflow into the coolant reservoir. A passing expert kindly advised me to check my cap and thermostat when I get home.