View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2016, 04:11 PM   #46
Burphel
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Bonneville, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burphel View Post
I also have some farkles in the mail, although they won't be in until next week.
Or they could both show up today! I'm pretty jazzed as this'll let me get 'em installed before 2 solid days of flogging at the kart track. I'm guessing proper ergos will make a huge difference.

The Chinese clip-on set isn't too bad. The anno's already faded, but they appear to have weathered a small crash without any damage other than the sliders. The bars are a bit heavier than they need to be, but that's no biggy. I'll be skipping the bar-ends that came with, those are *really* heavy, but would probably be good for touring if you don't mind the look. Visually, it looks like they're trying way too hard to make it look cool rather than functional. So I'm skipping or modifying a few of the bits like the manual preload adjusters (I'll keep one and use it as a tool). If you're in the market for a few lightweight upgrades, this gets you 3 fairly nice pieces for a decent discount over buying individually from more reputable suppliers.

And that weight will be compensated for by the Yosh rearset brackets. These things are beefy. I knew this would be the heaviest option for rearsets, but it's far cheaper than other options and I get to keep the folding footpegs. I might have to drill-tanium them during the winter. And no, I'm not joking. Structural integrity is all well and good, but I'd rather have one of these break in a crash than bend the frame mount or part of the footpeg assembly. As long as it supports my weight, that's good enough.