View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:45 PM   #23
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
not if i go with a longer stack. might calm air down prior to entry. steeldragon did contact me and are waiting measurements from me. i'm doing this project as a hobby experiment.
Go for it!! I had a 73 Kaw 500 triple. I increased the compression ratio by removing the copper head gasket. I lapped the surface of the cylinders and heads on a piece of glass with valve grinding compound. I assembled the head/cylinders using only Permatex High Tack gasket sealer for a head gasket. No leakage. Then I knew the pistons were getting tired and I was due for an overbore and new pistons. So, I releaved the piston crowns at the exhaust port to increase the timing (like installing a camshaft with large valve overlap on a four cycle). It was a screamer at high R.P.M. but had trouble producing enough power at lower R.P.M. to ride two-up.

I wouldn't do this kind of stuff today but when I was younger it was fun. That's what this is all about - FUN. Have at it. You're making memories that you can tell your kids about to make them certain you are nuts.

Photos please.

Cheers,

Bill