Old October 19th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #211
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Today: Like to have an update to a classic

I started motorcycling when I was stationed in Germany, I rode a 83 Kawasaki from the coast of Belgium to the coast of Black Sea in Romania, through war-torn countries and places without roads.
My second deployment was in Kuwait & Iraq, I didn't get to ride around much other than beat up bicycles & scooters near the bases.
Even during times of war I needed to get my 2-wheel fix, probably not the smartest thing I've done.

Returning to the US took some adjustment, I never felt comfortable driving cars, but riding a bicycle, scooter or motorcycle I had no problem.
Something to do with operating within close proximity of cars keeps me alert and distract me from the bad stuff.
I've been riding in US for nearly 20 years, done some track days, but never quite catch the bug after replacing 6-sets of tires in one season; probably better for my wallet.
I like seeing the world on 2-wheel.. on a bicycle or scooter is a slower pace, allows me to meet people and relate to them in a different way than driving a car or visiting as a tourist.
On a motorcycle I travel far more distance in shorter time, but still retain some of the "earthy" feel when you meet new people.
On 2-wheel is where I find my peace, clears my head and make everything alright.

Pretty similar to my first motorcycle. Nice little bike but you had better buy selenium rectifiers by the bakers dozen.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Honda S-90.jpg (59.6 KB, 0 views)