View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

You'll get one person that hates one particular brand and another person that swears by it. I've used pretty much all of them in my car and motorcycle and never had any issues so far. What you may get is bad gas from a certain local station but I doubt that would translate across an entire retail brand. Esso used to have a bad rep back in the day when they supposedly had higher sulphur content than the other brands but that has changed now and they meet all government regulations in regards to sulphur content. In fact, they are now listed as a Top Tier gasoline retailer in Canada along with Chevron Canada and Shell. Notice how other "reputable" brands like Suncor (Petro Canada/Sunoco) are not listed.

If you unsure what Top Tier gasoline is, you can Google it and decide whether the recognition holds any true substance or is merely politics and marketing. Canadian Tire doesn't refine their own gas and they buy it under contract or on the spot from the other big name labels. So when you buy Canadian Tire gas, you could be in fact buying Esso gas although with a slightly different additives package.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote