View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM   #11
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Long distance stuff.

Mark, Since my Canada trip, two days later, I decided to ride from Belfast, ME to Syracuse, NY--a distance of 487 miles one way. Going there took two days because I experienced torrential rain in New Hampshire. The next day I had fog in the mountains of Vermont. The bike handled everything in stride. I saw my 95 year old mother and she thought the bike was simply beautiful and she was glad to see me riding again. (I am a road bike rider--bicycle--and average 15 to 20 miles a day) Saw some friends that ride H-D and they could not believe that I rode "that thing" 500 miles. Well, I am 5`10" at 190lbs and in very good shape for a 66 year old. Besides, the Ninja is quite comfortable. It will be even more comfortable when my wife reupholsters the seat using TempurPedic foam and black leather. I rode the bike back in one fell swoop--stopping periodically to eat, stretch, and fuel up. Two things the bike definitely needs are a taller windscreen and a tank pad (wrap around ) to protect the tank and to give the knees some traction when banking in turns.I may also get some wider footpegs and a more accessible shift lever.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote