View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2016, 08:10 PM   #51
HoneyBadgerRy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250, 04 KTM 625 SMC, 01 Xc250

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
You know, I thought the same thing, but each kid is different. I can adjust throttle cable and carbs to cut out before getting out of hand. My wife still has crazy eyes on the pw80 when it wheelies. She has absolute 0% throttle control and is 100% fearless at those slower speeds. It's a NO GO for me to move her up.

ttr vs yz 125, Sadly, I got the yz due to price. It's WAYYYYY too much for any of us in my backyard, including myself at top powerband in 5th-6th gear. I couldn't retard the gears but I could run it rich enough to cut out before 6kprms.

Not optimal, but gets the job done.
Due to price you got a yz? Around here a 2000 yz is $1500 and a 2000 ttr is $800.

About your yard, just keep it out of 5th, when you feel like your going to fast let off and stop shifting. I used to ride in my yard everyday and race at the track on the weekends. Making the bike cut out rich is a bad idea, you need to wind that bike up and clean it out everyone and then if you want to keep it running good. I have no idea what happens to them, but a two stroke that gets babied all the time will never run right again. (Even after a full topend, reeds, and exhaust).