Old January 8th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #125
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's been just about a week since my bike and I had a minor disagreement. Still in quite a bit of pain, especially in the morning, but it does seem to be getting better. Last took pain meds at 6 AM, and it's almost 3 PM and I'm still managing. Numbness in shoulder is still there, but it does seem as if it's improving, if only slightly. It's really hard to tell. Will follow up with my doc late in the week to confirm that he thinks things are moving in the right direction soon enough, or if it means more tests might be warranted (CT or MRI rather than x-ray on the back).

It looks like the bike is totalled. I provided a list of damaged accessories & damaged gear, so they will be covering those as well up to the policy limits. I had $3K coverage for accessories, but adding it up I realized I had about $6K of stuff on the bike, including installation labor. I'll increase that coverage on the next bike, as I'm going to be out $3K for what probably would have been minimal extra $ on the policy. I should have an offer price for the bike tomorrow, so then have to decide to accept it as is or challenge it. It's very hard to find comparables, as there aren't that many of the bikes around for sale this early; it's been generally available for less than a year and most people who have them aren't running around trying to sell them. The shop said they might be interested in buying it as a salvage / owner-retain bike if my insurance company gives me that option and the price is reasonable, so I'll see what they say. (With hypothetical numbers, insurance says the bike is worth $20K, and can cut me a check for that. But if they value the crashed bike as-is at $5K, then I could take a check for $15K + the bike; then sell it to the shop for that $5K).
my dad clipped an unpainted island on and unlit street during a huge rain storm in his new Mitsubishi Evo10. The front wheel got pushed up hard enough to buckle the roof of the car so the frame was bent =ing a total. Because the car had only been out for a month and there were zero used sales they had to give him local NorCal MSRP which was $1500 over what he paid for it through fleet sales in SoCal
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote