View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #10
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
On the duc, I've heard that the upkeep and maintanence costs far exceed the jap bikes. I'm not all that in love with duc's that I would want to take that hit like I would for a bmw. I'll have to check out the triumphs

Can you really be disappointed with a i4 literbikes power curve? The n1k is tuned for more torque down low but it can't be that huge of a difference can it?

Also I spoke with the dealer and said I was considering the FZ1 and he said the n1k is pretty much a better all around bike. Better brakes, chassis, suspension, just everything. Anyone have input on them?
Well if you're not in love with 'em, then that's what really matters. But my buddies at the local Duc shop tell me that this is pretty much folklore that's no longer true but still gets repeated. Parts can be expensive, but you'll spend less in service due to the long intervals.

Oh yeah, and on BMWs: the old K12. Christ I wanna' throw my leg over one of those.

I may be exaggerating the difference in my memory, but I rode the N1K at a demo day not so long after the FZ1, and was MUCH happier with the power (although mine had a buzz in the tank that annoyed me, but I could forgive that).

On proper ST: I've ridden the FJR1300, the older BMW1100 and the Honda1300, and all were nice power mills but felt boring to me. Too heavy and no character. If you really like the N1K, I think you'd like such heavy bikes less.

Okay, time to cash in for this east-coast sucker.
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote