View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2015, 06:58 AM   #16
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
Thanks for the offer dude!! If you weren't 4+ hours away, I would totally link up with you to do this.
I guess you're right that a few hours on a dirt bike can't really help what I'm trying to do since I can't practice on my own afterwards.

My main goal:
While riding on the road, I hit a corner and suddenly there's sand/gravel/pebbles/dirt right there! I never slid on it before because I normally don't ride fast enough to do so. When I do the debris, I normally flick the bike up really hard and hit both brakes pretty hard to slow me down a little more, then lean back into the turn.

Because I have no dirt experience, I just use the good ol "clench my butt cheeks and hope for the best" method.

But if I do start to feel like I'm sliding a bit, and the rear (or front) tire gets a little loose, I wouldn't know what the proper technique would be to go through it as safe as possible. What should my body position be? Do I lean more? Do I kiss the mirror even more? Or do I counter lean (lean the bike, but stay as perpendicular to the ground as possible)? I have absolutely no clue.
still closer than that Ohio dirtbike MSF Assuming you are in New Jersey?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote