View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2014, 06:56 AM   #123
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Latest update!

So I got a chance to ride to work today on the setup.

my brakes are still soft but I got the new MC coming in hopefully soon.

The pads are finally start to bed in a little better.

That being said I did start to notice a little bit of feedback from the brakes.

What I think it is... I think that the little bit of bite over hang on the inside is causing the feed back. This over hang is literally 0.01" give or take. Regardless if it proves to be there all the time it is annoying and unacceptable

I will look into making the adjustments to the bolt holes this weekend to remedy this. Should be pretty easy as I have a good bit of room on the outside of the rotor yet so all I need to do is bump the holes out 0.03" or so at a right angle from the direction of travel of the rotor.... <-- I think that sounds right, either way, just more the caliper out a little bit on the rotor. that is all

This change plus the thickness change mentioned earlier should really be about all the adjustments to the first bracket I have and it will be perfect.

I haven't had any real problems as of yet though

After I get things figured out ill talk with Jason again about doing another small batch at my cost so I can get the updates. There may be 2 left over or so from this batch if they all turn out.

stay tuned

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote