View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2014, 05:36 AM   #18
KawasakiKy
ninjette.org member

Name: Ky

Motorcycle(s): Not yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
To answer the question, I believe if the seller is being upfront on honest and open with the bikes history and every thing I see supports the claims, I am more willing to pay asking price. If the bike's condition leaves me any reason to doubt the seller, I walk. If a seller lies to me about the bike, I won't gamble on an unknown when so many other good bikes and fair sellers are out there.

Also...

A mod only increases value if the buyer agrees it's valuable.

I may think my handlebar risers are valuable, but a long armed buyer may think they are scrap. A Scottoiler may be ideal for me, but for someone who wants to be able to check their chain and sprockets at the same time as the chain is being lubed, a Scottoiler is just in the way.

Most mods run a hundred bucks, give or take. Some more, some much less. Don't let a seller pressure you into a higher price because of a fancy mod. As a new rider, you may not know if that mod truly is something for you or if its just needless fluff.

If you find a bike that just speaks to you, do your research on everything claimed. So when you go see it you will not only spot that cracked fairing of a bike "never laid down" but also see if the aftermarket can on there really is an Area P or just a MGP Growler with a fancy sticker on the side.
Thanks very much for your post!!
KawasakiKy is offline   Reply With Quote