View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2019, 07:14 PM   #8
Zolland
ninjette.org member

Name: Zac

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250R

Finally got time to test all of this! The results seem fairly conclusive and pinpoint the problem, but I find the conclusion a little hard to believe...

Quick question before getting into it, when testing the fuses I would get a reading of "0.00". Is that correct?

As for other the tests, I followed your steps and every point of failure you suggested tested perfectly with +12v but the fan wasn't turning on. I thought this was odd and decided it must be the paper clip I used (maybe couldn't let enough power through?). I actually have a live wire from the wires I cut and fed it to the other side of the thermoswitch connecter and the fan came on!

Here's a visual

To sum it up (and think out loud here) there is power feeding into the switch, but no power comes out. If power is applied directly to the other side of the connecter, the fan comes on. So this seems to imply that the thermoswitch is faulty, correct? It just seems weird that it would just so happen to break just when I also happened to do a bunch of work and also cut some wires... I'm a bit skeptical, and think maybe I messed something else up somewhere else but if you also think this test was conclusive then I'll go ahead and order a new one!

Thinking out loud again, could it be possible that coolant isn't rotating correctly and is causing the sensor to never read the correct heat? Is there any way to test this? I warmed up the bike and put my hand next to the sensor and it was super hot though.

Here is some background in my situation, and the source of my skepticism. I had to snip these wires and remove these connections to get the front fender off. Can't rememebr if the two big rubber females ever had anything connected.

Snipped Wires

Last futzed with by Zolland; October 16th, 2019 at 08:55 AM.
Zolland is offline   Reply With Quote