View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #74
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
His name is Victor, and many of us here and out of here sincerely respect his work, his approach and his dedication as a motorcyclist.
I'm new here, I do not know everyone's name. I'm also bad with names, so I will forget even if I know, I'll continue to call people by their usernames, I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post

Perhaps I am saying this too late, but I just wanted to let you know greenaero, that I respect you and I respect your bike and I respect what you do. I am just showing you how the average 250 rider probably thinks. Since you obviously are the extreme.
^ Re-read that, I DO respect him, and his work. I am just saying that not everyone wants to save gas mileage the same way he does, (modifying the actual look of the bike).

OP was saying he wanted to just adjust his gears, etc. Not go too far into modifying his bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

Victor is trying his ideal and we need many men who have good ideals; .......... encourage those few and save the harsh words !!!
What harsh words did I say to him? I guess I somewhat called him a hypocrite, but I am not saying that in a mean way. I am just pointing out that his goal of making the planet green isn't really going to matter when he is taking unnecessary rides. (Again, I don't know him or where he rides, etc. but I think it is safe to assume he does get up and about for no reason at times, like all of us do).

I just don't like it when people try to "guilt" you into being more "green" for the planet. It's a deceitful argument and isn't valid. I don't think Aero was trying to do that, he seems like a really nice guy. But I just wanted to make it a point that when people make that assumption that increase MPG = better environment, it's only half true..

Again, I want to stress that I do respect Aero, and I do want him to continue doing what he is doing, and I also think very highly of him from his ideals and accomplishments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
As for you greeaero, keep doing what you doing man. I like to read about you and how you made your accomplishments with your bike. It's hard to believe you get close to 150 MPG on your bike. Very impressive feat.