View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2018, 11:35 AM   #62
GreasedLissik
ninjette.org member

Name: silentlyloud

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja eX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Did you get new or used crank & rods? Would be interesting to see what bearing-clearances are.

Good work!
I got a new(used) crank, rods combo as well as cylinder block that came with pistons. and I looked up the clearances and took some plastigauge to it, everything was in order. I did have to get a new magneto, but not the coils.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
Whatever you do, don't have the head milled!!!!! Lapping is what is needed. There isn't enough meat on the head. I've seen others have it milled even just a little bit, and then the valves hit the pistons, etc...

Kawasaki didn't leave any meat on the bones whatsoever.
yes I did research before I milled/lapped the heads, I found that lapping is a whole lot safer for these motors, and I think I might just do it on any motor from here on out since it slowly takes away at the meatiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
So whatever happened with this?
Did OP give up and buy used engine?
sorry to my late responses, I had taken my first Emergency Medical Tech class, and hot dam it was rough, and I did not pass but I am taking it again and I am passing at the time being, other than that. The bike is holding up well I did realize my neglect of owning the motor and bike before I rebuilt the motor, the reason I have came to par for the rebuild is I never checked the oil levels. Well now I have kept my eyes open to every part of the bike (gee its almost like I forgot how to be a mechanic, like servicing parts). The Motor has about 1700 miles on it right now, I feel like upgrading to the 300 motor right about now, I might go to a motorcycle junk yard soon. I have noticed that I do have a problem with some vacuum lines, I will attending to soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94droptop View Post
If you still need a good crank and rods, I should have a good set in my parts motor.
thanks but I got mine off ebay:/ and this was completed within that week I last posted.

I do thank everyone who has given me information to do this, as well as this site, and the 250 site. I heard when I was on the road and my battery gave out on me, I went to a bike shop, that I can post the name is that is ok. An employee there told me he upgraded his rims to a 17" and that gave him better/ more tire options, I am now looking into that, and stumbled along:
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266182
which I will have to read up on. but right now I have to get my paper for emt class done as well as get ready for a concert. I hope every body have a good day
GreasedLissik is offline   Reply With Quote