View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #7
Joule
ninjette.org member

Name: Tej

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R FI

I had a 180 cc bike for 5 years before i got my ninja this year.
Now, i feel 250r is a great bike BUT ~ it's just not enough to please me AT ALL
I love to accelerate and i am actually crazy to hear that 4 cylinder's idle sound. yeah i can just keep bike idle for hours without getting bored. thats what i do ~ listen to it on youtube LOL

Now the issue is that in india, taxes kill the imports. ninja zx14r which is 15 k dollars ( 7.5 lac in indian currency ) will cost around.. 30 k dollars ( 15 lacs + )
ninja 250 r was the only bike available without burning a huge hole. even 3 lac ( 6 k dollars ) are a lot in india.
i am actually crazy about bikes and i don't even drive cars when we have two of them at home. i just don't like cars at all. bikes? i can ride them no matter how uncomfortable i feel. i don't care for 50 C temperature that gets enhanced by heated roads. i don't need the comforts of the car. i am very adaptable.

it's been only 2 and a half months and i feel i need more power. I think i want to buy ZX 14r in coming 3 to 4 years. But it's gonna cost a lot due to taxes and if imported directly.
Ninja 250r was under reach because it was introduced in a complete knockdown kit. thus, cutting the taxes.
god help me. these import taxes are ruining everything for me ;(

but since yesterday, i feel i should just wait for market to open up and maybe one of these companies will launch 600 SS models in CKD like ninja was introduced?
ninja 650R costs 4.8 lac ( 9.5 k dollars ) which my parents refused to get for me as for now :P they say i need to age a bit. they will help me buy the bike but after time passes.

If 600 SS model gets launched for 12k dollars or under, should i go for it?
but i fear i won't stop until i get the biggest and meanest bike ninja zx14r.

why the heck am i so crazy about bikes.. FFFFFFUUUU !!! i even dream about bikes.