View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:30 PM   #17
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
OP, is there a particular reason you prefer a hoodie? Is it the urban look you're going after? Or just the comfort of a light cotton jacket?

Would you consider something like this? Relatively light weight made with mesh/textile. Has a liner for cooler days. And around the $100 price point.

I think it looks pretty good too (subjective of couse) if you want to shy away from the A* or Dainase racer look for your short errand/commute runs.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/r...on-mesh-jacket

Or if you don't mind the sporty look, this A* jacket is on sale
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...lus-air-jacket

If you don't mind me asking, I'm also curious as to what jacket you're currently wearing for your longer rides.
On my longer rides I wear a rev'it ignition leather and I just added an alpinestars gp leather as well. I generally call myself ATGATT but if I'm being honest there have been times I've gone with less than ATG But Ive never ridden without a proper riding jacket, helmet and gloves. And I can count on one hand the number of times I wasn't wearing full riding boots. Occasionally I'll wear jeans but with Bohn armored pants underneath. So I certainly appreciate the need for gear, and that is my whole reason for asking the question.

I'm looking now for a minimalist setup for my really short rides because I just cannot ride without armor protection. When I say short, I'm talking about the 1.5mile ride to the golf course. Or the jaunt downtown for lunch/dinner which is about 3 miles each way and mostly low speed and stoplights. Lots of on and off the bike stops, that kind of thing.

I don't prefer a hoodie, I just thought is was rather cool looking and I imagine it would be easy to make it disappear once I arrive at my destination. The other option I am now leaning towards is the Dianese Air flux for all the same reasons I was looking at the hoodie.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote