Thread: Front Sprocket
View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #53
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

This is my post from the mpg thread. I figured it belongs here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
Ok, I finally filled my tank after installing the new 15t sprocket. I got between 48-50mpg on the stock gearing, now I'm getting 57.5 mpg. Do not let that statement fool you because I did ride more conservatively on the tank with the 15t sprocket. I found that, after installing the new sprocket, the bike is much more enjoyable to ride conservatively ,imo, so that's how I rode it. I will try to ride more aggressively (normal pace) on my next tank and see the difference. On the 57.5mpg tank, I only went WOT once and did 1 top speed run, other than that is was smooth sailing.

I found that I can now shift at 5k,6k, or 7k rpm without a problem and the bike seems to love it. After riding 230+ miles with the new sprocket I love it even more. It has consistently dropped my rpm down to 300-600 rpm above my speed (ie. 45mph is about 4.9k rpms) and it feels like there is so much more left in each gear even though it's a small difference. I'll post again once I find what my normal riding gets, mpg wise.

edit: I ride a mix of highway, twisties, and city on all my tanks.