View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2017, 07:53 PM   #47
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. The mental picture of a guy bragging about his bike while not actually riding it was silly.

My mom had my dad's boat for several years after he died in 1995. She sold it this past year... so yeah, things happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
I agree with you, but I'm sure there are lots of reasons.

People buy a bike and think they are going to ride it, some get scared and don't ride it, others don't have people to ride with, some crash, some have friends that crash, some meet a significant other that doesn't like to ride.

I have a brother in law that bought a boat, real nice 26' cuddy cruiser. Then he met a woman, she didn't say she hated he boat, until after they were married. He kept the boat for 10 or 12 years sitting in his parents back yard, all the time thinking he would use it one day.

My 1997 Sportster had 5,400 miles on it when I registered it the end of December 2016. That's averaging about 600 miles a year. Now a VIN check showed it hadn't been registered or inspected for 16 years in there so the poor thing sat unused and unloved in some garage or shed. It now has 14,000 miles on it. I like to ride and do so whenever I can.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote