View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2017, 12:22 AM   #76
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLR View Post
Same same for the car scene, when I had my old R33 Skyline I had spent a heap of coin on making it go, stop and handle, 500hp atw, lots of track days, drags, gymkhana and general thrashing around.

But, 50% of the other hi-po cars that I knew of, the owners never used them in anger,, occasionally they would come out off hiding for a show or a street cruise, comments like "theoretically my car can do a 10 sec quarter", "My car made 600hp on the dyno", and some other gold would always lighten my day.

Sure, some of the cars looked nice, but I cannot understand why you would build a car to that level, and never use it.

I love this quote, it fits so many platforms.

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Jim Glickenhaus (Ferrari Collector)
Enzo Ferrari built cars to be driven and enjoyed. In fact he was so good at it that the average slob couldn't afford to buy one and the older his cars got the more they were worth. Hence only very wealthy people like Donald Trump or Bill Gates can afford them. Want a 1962 Ferrari GTO (one of the most beautiful automobiles in the world)? Your ticket to ride will amount to over $38,115,000.00 USD - if anyone will part with one. The people that own cars like that own them for the bragging rights not for the enjoyment of driving them. What a shame.

Bill