View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2017, 03:51 AM   #77
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLR View Post
Same same for the car scene, when I had my old R33 Skyline I had spent a heap of coin on making it go, stop and handle, 500hp atw, lots of track days, drags, gymkhana and general thrashing around.

But, 50% of the other hi-po cars that I knew of, the owners never used them in anger,, occasionally they would come out off hiding for a show or a street cruise, comments like "theoretically my car can do a 10 sec quarter", "My car made 600hp on the dyno", and some other gold would always lighten my day.

Sure, some of the cars looked nice, but I cannot understand why you would build a car to that level, and never use it.

I love this quote, it fits so many platforms.

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Jim Glickenhaus (Ferrari Collector)
Very well said. Motorcycles are made to be ridden and to have fun with. I enjoy talking about them but that's why I come here. Talking only gets you so far.