Thread: Decisions
View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2018, 07:20 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
AHahhahahah, we brought another one over to dark side !!!! Here, have a cookie!!!

I recommend selling 300-ABS and buying prepped track-bike. You'll want to see upgraded fork/shock for your weight. Emulators and pre-load adjusters. A shock with damping-adjustment. Suspension mods will completely transform bike's on-track behavior and put it above RC390 (which will need track-mods too). Removing all lights and putting on fibre-glass bodywork will chop off 40-50lbs which you'll notice immediately.

So for probably less than what you'll get for selling 300-ABS, you can pick up prepped race-bike... because:

- you may dump it, don't want to mess up clean street-bike and lose half its value

- save yourself tonne of money & time because someone else has done work track-prepping it for you

- don't go to crazy with upgrading bike, spend money on gear and track-day entry fees (you're gonna make continuous improvement for +5-yrs).

- use decent street/DOT-R tyres, no need for warmers, they're ready for abuse after 1-lap. Ken Hill and Rickdiculous Racing School uses stock R6 with Dunlop Q3 and are only couple seconds off their MotoAmerica race bike with GPA-Pro race tyres! Also much easier to learn limits of tyres and how they slide on non-race tyres (race-tyres have no signals at all that they're gonna slide).

- you won't outgrow bike in year, maybe 3-5 years? I'm on my 3rd season on 250 (started on 600) and I'm still getting faster and faster.

Video of beating up on 600 & 1000s. Look at how far they get away from me on straights!

Link to original page on YouTube.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; June 19th, 2018 at 06:36 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.