View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2019, 01:33 PM   #1
gouvis
ninjette.org newbie

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): Kle 250

Weird problem with rocker arms

Hi, I own almost 2.5 years a Kawasaki KLE 250 which uses an ex250ee ninja motor. My problem is that since I bought the bike I have a really weird problem. My rocker arms wear out really fast. I have tried everything. At the beginning, I changed some of them, which I have found that they were worn out. Then after some kilometers my valves start ticking. I adjusted them again and torqued them at 13 ft/lbs. After some kilometers the ticking came back and this time, after I felt that the bike lost power,I found out that one of the rocker arms broke in half. I replaced it, adjusted everything and the engine work again perfectly for 500 kilometers until the problem came back. At first I thought that the problem was the oil pressure because I found that my camshaft were a little worn out too. I replaced the head with one that was in really good condition with all the internals, the oil pump, all the o rings of the lubrication system and I installed an oil pressure gauge. The problem came back. As for the pressure, the manual says that this engine should have over 3.5kg/cm² at 4000rpm 90 Celsius engine temp. I believe that this is impossible for this small engine so I check the newgen's manual and says 1-1.5 bar at the same conditions. I believe that this is the right value, as both motors share the same lubrication parts. I have 1.4 at these conditions so it seems that lubrication isn't the problem. I tried also a local mechanic that builds drag motorcycles and has experience with this engine as he has customers with the same motorcycle to check if I was doing something wrong and the problem came back. I wasted money and time on this bike and I really want to make her run perfectly. Does anyone share the same problem with me, or has anyone managed to overcome it? Please help!!! I read everywhere that this engine is bullet proof and it drives me crazy.

PS. The dog-ears on the broken rocker arms are everytime in perfect shape, so it's not an overtorque problem

PS no2. I haven't managed to complete 3000km on this motorcycle.
gouvis is offline   Reply With Quote