View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #5
Matty54
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): Honda CB350

Thought I should chime in with an update about what I managed to put together.

Reminder on what is going on here: the bike is a 1971 Honda CB350 with the forks from a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja EX250. Believe me, it's a huge upgrade over the stock CB350 forks.

After a few months of looking around, even going down the road of looking into having one made, I found a solution from Fast From the Past. The vital measurements you need to make or buy a fork brace is that the forks are 185mm center-to-center and the fork legs are 56mm in diameter at the widest point (right where the dust seals are inserted, that's where the brace will attach to the forks).

Jim at FFTP suggested a Tarozzi brace, part number 22-0028. He swapped the center bridge to a 185mm unit. Result is that the brace works great with the CB350 18" front wheel. The brace is arched so I can hang a front fender from it when I get to that part of the project. I can't say whether or not the stock EX250 front fender will work, but this opens a bunch of doors for you guys anyway. At the very least, those measurements should be preserved!
Matty54 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.