View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2018, 06:02 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[RideApart] - Craigslist Alert: Crushed Velvet Wrapped ’95 CBR 900RR

Craigslist Alert: Crushed Velvet Wrapped ’95 CBR 900RR

Looking to combine your love for crushed velvet with your passion for motorcycles? Look no further...

According to Statista; Honda Motorcycles sold 19.5 million motorcycles in 2018. With so many bikes on the road, it’s unsurprising to occasionally see some seriously weird modifications and customs. One would be hard pressed to find a better example of a total weirdo two-wheeler than this 1995 Honda CBR 900RR that is currently for sale on Craigslist in Topeka, Kansas. While taste is subjective, I imagine most people will agree with me on this velvet-wrapped double R being next-level weird.

MORE QUIRKY HONDAS: Honda revamps the Monkey for 2018

The ad reads as follows: “1995 Honda CBR 900 RR, very unique. Yes it is wrapped with wrinke crush velvet. Slavage title and has a 96 motor in it. Will need tires. We've had the bike since 2001. Cross posted.”

MORE BIKE BIZARRENESS: 10 weird motorcycle (related) world records

Check out those sweet Chinese eBay footpegsI love the way the seller acknowledges the odd choice in bodywork wrap, as if to say “Yeah, I know, don’t ask”. I’m also pretty amused by the obvious gasoline stains adorning the tank’s velvet. The seats are another nice touch, you have to admire the owner’s commitment to going all out with the aesthetic. Another aspect I can’t help but wonder about is how whoever wrapped this bike, opted to go for a two-tone scheme. It’s also a bit strange that there’s no mention of the aftermarket foot-pegs, LED indicators, or the four-into-one Vance and Hines SS2R pipe.

MORE TWO-WHEELED WEIRDNESS: Suzuki’s Nuda Concept

Crushed velvet looks good from any angleBetween having 54,000 miles on the odo, a salvage title, and bald tires, it’s probably safe to assume this bike has been pretty thoroughly neglected. However some components are surprisingly clean so it’s hard to figure out what the hell is going on here. Part of me wants to think that maybe this bike is stolen, and instead of painting it, the thief is using the “hiding in plain sight” approach, utilizing such an outrageous disguise that its ridiculousness will allow it to go unnoticed. Who knows?

You can click here to check out the ad for yourself.

More from RideApart:

Related Stories

Click here for full story...