View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:49 PM   #53
sripalkr
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Reddy

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broc View Post
I have almost all of the symptoms ztrack has mentioned.

When shifting from 2nd > 3rd the gear completely disappears, you press up on the shifter and nothing is there, the shifter actually moves farther than it would to shift. I have to roll off the throttle and back on for the gear to reappear. Sometimes this also leaves me in between 2nd and 3rd gear and I will have to put it back into either gear to get going again. This happens to me alot, almost everytime I ride.

I also get the false neutral from time to time but I have noticed this on almost every sport bike, dirt bike, atv I've ever ridden so I'm not too concerned. A firm shift usually eliminates this for me.

The other concern I do have is the bike completely dropping out of gear under high rpm acceleration. I can be in 3rd or 4th usually. Pulling hard into a corner and then you just hear the rpms scream and the bikes out of gear. I have to manually put it back into gear. It is very annoying when riding it aggressive. I have even tested it with my foot no where near the shifter (thinking it was me) and the damn thing pops out like no tomorrow. This also happens very frequently when riding the piss out of my bike.

I have never tracked my bike but I do ride this thing pretty rough. I'm WOT 80% of the time.

I have had these issues since brand new but they have recently gotten worse for me around 6,000 miles. I have never taken it in to the dealership for warranty. I use to run a Honda/Toyota service department and am a mechanic by trade and know the warranty side of things. Internal transmission and engine issues are usually not easy to resolve. Plus the dealers around here are not the best. I think they'd take one look at my 15t sprocket and give me the boot. I think I have 2-3 weeks left under warranty so I might check, we shall see.

Hope my story helps! I think I just kind of expect these issues from a small cheap bike, I dunno but new stuff breaks just like old stuff unfortunately.
Hi Broc, I have the same issue as your bike from last one week when shifting from 2nd > 3rd where the gear completely disappears. The shifter actually moves farther than it would shift, I need to push down and then put the 3rd gear. Mine is a 2012 Ninja 250R. I would like to know how your fixed the issue? I have around 13.5 K miles on my bike and I drive around 35 miles daily on surface streets.
sripalkr is offline   Reply With Quote