Old May 18th, 2018, 03:25 PM   #17
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Are there any other lots in different direction that's a safer ride?
That would be taking me deeper into the hood....my street is on the edge of it, really the only good quiet street. going left off of my road towards the lot I'm thinking of (part of a shopping mall parking lot that's empty since Sears and it's auto parts shop closed) leads me away from the hood. Going any other direction gets straight to the heart of it. A small white girl with a brand new shiny bike in that area does not strike me as a good idea.

As for learning on a dirt bike, I only know one person with a small dirt bike. This person hasn't talked to me in 2 months because I told him to get his head out of his bum (not in those nice words) and stop doing coke.

@csmith12 thanks for the wording on how to ask about Mid O. I knew not to call it a track day but that sums it up perfectly. The girl I spoke to last night, I don't think she would have understood no matter how I put it. She seemed that dumb. that's why I didn't even attempt to ask.

I'll only attempt to do anything with my new baby if I'm feeling up to it and my neighbor is cool with watching for a bit in case something happens. Like today for example, would have been perfect. I got off early and the weather is nice, but I don't feel good due to leftover migraine from last night. I won't even think about it feeling like this. If I'm tired or off in any way , no chance. When I'm up to it, I think I will just have him help me get her off the pad to the street and step by step, walk with her and learn the clutch and break. Not rushing anything, just going in bits and pieces as I feel comfortable.

If there is anyone in the greater Akron area that reads this that would be willing to help with instruction on my street I would be open to it. However, I think all of you guys that I know and trust from being on here the last couple years (some of you who I have met in person @csmith12 @adouglas as well as others) are too far....unless someone would like to take a break from coaching at Mid O on a Sunday *nudge nudge wink wink* I would pay....lol.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote