View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2018, 04:37 AM   #46
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

lots of work on the bike this weekend. @maverick9611 came over saturday and we rebuilt the forks, new race-tech springs, new seals. super cool dude, with some trick oil level tools. after he left, i installed my shims, rechecked lash, and reassembled the valve cover. filled the coolant, ran it through two heat cycles to help burp it. removed the rear tail, and battery box. installed the airbox, a firm hand was needed. cleaned and slipped the k&n filter in, ran the bike down the road. feels ok, a little fat up top, have not adjusted anything yet. main is dj98, needle on third clip, air screws are 2 3/4 out. about three miles into the ride, the engine suddenly lost power, would brabble and spit, then clear up and haul tail. i had a stoner moment or something last week. i forgot to install the inline fuel filter and ran the engine for a minute or two. the screen in the petcock is removed and i am going to take another look but i think the carb inlet filter is removed as well. feels like i am getting a piece of trash on a jet, and sometimes it falls off, then the bike runs strong. so will remove bowls and see if i see any debris, filter is already installed now. might swap to 96 mains and see how that does while the carbs are out. man this little 250 sounds awesome blowing through the area p quite core. mmhhh.
still need to spoon the new shoe's on, and my wife is getting a tag for it this week. hoping to make a shake down run in a week or so, and start riding to work, want to work all the kinks out before i take this thing out of state.
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote