View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #6
caineroad
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF13 View Post
Isn't this the predecessor to the ZX6R or am I thinking of another bike?

For the record, I am getting kind of bored of the 250R on the highway what with it always being around 9-11K. If I could get the 600R into running shape, my commute would be a bit more...fun.

That and the possibility of being able to flip it next summer.
Right on, I've got bored with the 250R also for the first 3 months of riding. I sold the 250R and upgraded to a Yamaha R6 after that, so much more fun and fast. But that was when I used the bike for fun, not to commute (work, school, etc) I had car and bikes at that time.

Now though I sold my car, and use my Ninja 250 (yes bought another one) to commute and get around places.

I understand in the US speed limit are higher, that you always get close to redline of the Ninja 250R, this is a very good reason to upgrade, the 250 is not enough for you. Because I live in very urban places, my highway speed have been 8-10K, maybe once a while 11-12k but i always ride at max 75-77miles per hour (converted for you), because the speed limit here is quite strict and I dont want to get too close to the red line all the time.

Therefore I think your upgrade is very justified, but 1988 for commute seems a bit too unreliable. I would sell the Ninja 250R and use the money to upgrade for something newer 1999 at least.

The R6 I had before was from 1999, and I certainly wouldn't use it for commute, it had many miles and parts were old felt like it would break any second.
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote