View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2019, 03:02 PM   #59
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
Thanks, Misti! I'm hoping to cornerwork the March and November Vegas dates. Are you coaching the March days? Unfortunately, I can't make the February dates. In terms of taking another L4 class, I'm not sure. I have the June 8/9 days at streets marked on my calendar for now. I can't do weekdays, the early Streets dates all clash with AFM race weekends, and the 2-days are a bit outside of my budgeting.

I'm still working on the vision and passing issues we worked on last year at Streets, and I'm trying to be better about only using peripheral vision for the rider in front rather than actually glancing at them.

In bike news, I ended up buying an ex-young gun R6 with full K-tech DDS suspension for next season. I couldn't justify dropping more money into the 300 (stock suspension and motor) when it seems like the small class was going to the significantly more powerful 400. The plan for 2019 is to run the AFM 450 triples class with it. With a quick injector harness plug-in, it will also allow me to play with SV level 450 power for rider improvement and full 600 for more goofing off trackdays. The bike ran 1:48s at Thunderhill at one point, so now anything else is clearly a rider issue. Hah
Hey! I'll be at the March dates so maybe see you there!!

Best bet is to keep on working on specific riding techniques, you mentioned vision and passing and I think it's great. Budget issues suck (trust me I've been there with balancing racing and work and life and all that fun stuff!). Just keep having fun and riding as much as possible and maybe we will see you at a Level 4 school sometime soon

Feel free to fire away any other questions you may have about anything! I love chatting about riding tech (especially when I can't be out riding!)
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote