Old March 4th, 2016, 09:17 AM   #44
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawk View Post
RacerX, what class will you run in ? As if 282cc then no longer 250cc !

Was that max speed on your signature set on a 250cc Ninja, or a bigger one ?
Your question bring up a point I have been meaning to address. So thank you and I will do it now.
I began my quest to be the fastest 250 ninja in 2008. That was in Maxton North Carolina. The Monster Mile.
I battled back and forth with a number of teams. My top speed there was 121. Another team went 122 a month later.
In 2011 the track in Maxton Closed. I did not know we would get a new track. So I built the Orange bike. It is a replica of a Harly Davison 250rr.

We opened the track at Wilmington Ohio in 2012. There I went 123 to get the title.
The other nitrous systems I used did a lot of damage to my engines. I had to bore them out to repair the cylinders. So I went to 265cc but that engine is not the best engine.
After seven seasons of evolution the orange bike to me is not a 250 ninja. First of all it is not a 250cc engine. There is not one part on that bike that has not been modified. It is a cool bike and everyone likes it. But I don't think it is a 250 ninja.
So a big motivation for Project X is to go back to the beginning. Project X is all 250 ninja. It uses a bone stock frame and while it is modified. It is not so far from stock that I feel it is somthing else ( if that makes sense?).