View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2014, 07:44 AM   #24
Nny
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6 (street), GSXR 750 (track) and a Harley FXDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Is the charge rate still around an hour?

I really really want an electric bike, but that charge time is what is holding me off getting one.

Hadn't thought of doing trackdays on one.. oh, that would be sick!
Recharge time using a standard 120v outlet is about 8 hours from a full drain. Using the CHAdeMO charging system is 1 hour from a full drain. The problem we have with the CHAdeMo charger and why she hasn't installed it yet is availability and compatibility. I have some time off coming up and I plan to look at the charging stations in my area to see if they are the type that Zero installs and supports. Besides, it's a $2000 install.

The track I have been going to doesn't have electricity available to riders yet. I'd imagine it should be available next year. When it does, I'll have that conversation about track days with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I like the idea of the regenerative braking. I wonder how much you would need to turn that up to get a good imitation of engine braking, and how much that would affect your mileage.

As always, very cool! Keep posting more as you ride it more.
I did sync up the Zero app to the bike and if what I was looking at is accurate, the regen and engine braking were both set somewhere around 60%. I would imagine if we turn both those up that the engine braking would be exactly the same if not more than what I experience on my R6. Should boost her mileage too.

Previous rides: Ninja 650, Ninja 250, Goldwing and a Nightster
Nny is offline   Reply With Quote