View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2019, 11:36 AM   #14
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
No, you're fine. The way the paid rider lists work is that if your name appears in blue you're signed up for both days, if red you're riding only Aug 4, if black you're riding only Aug. 5. It's just a way of indicating who's riding on which day.

Has nothing to do with which group you're in. All groups run every day.

Palmer is a long lap, so generally Tony runs 20 minute sessions there and combines the two fastest groups into one. That way if there's a red flag there may be time to clear it. Last year he experimented with the more usual four-group format. Don't know which way they'll be doing it this year.

The four groups, slow to fast, are red, yellow, blue and black. I got bumped to blue last year. Another local forum member, Greg (@backinthesaddleagain) is blue as well. Ant @Ducati999 and Jay @Bigballsofpaint are yellow. Chris @csmith12 and Ben @Sirref are wherever they want to be because they're the real deal unlike the rest of us posers.

Be sure to read everything on the TTD website. When you get there you'll be bombarded with things to do, things to remember, etc. etc. The day flies by. The more you know going in the easier it'll be. If you have any questions feel free to PM me... I can walk you through the whole thing in as much detail as you like.

Tip: If you have a bicycle, bring it. We'll probably be renting a garage and it's a bit of a hike down to the classroom. A bicycle makes the day a lot easier.

Tip #2: If you're on Facebook join the Tony's Track Days group (not the business page... the group). It's how people stay in touch. https://www.facebook.com/groups/tonystrackdays/

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote