View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #181
kkim

MC,

I'm not saying you "have" to listen to the message... like I said, do what you want. As long as you're making an informed decision, it's not my ears that will suffer.

lol... you're me, 30-40 yrs ago.

I wish some crusty, old fart had tried to tell me that my hearing would suffer due to constant exhaust fan noise from the equipment in the radar tower I was assigned to, but back then, no one in the shop wore ear plugs, let alone had studies that showed we would lose our hearing from the constant, high pitched whistling fans. Even if someone did, I wouldn't have listened, cause my hearing was perfect back then. Today, I suffer from high frequency hearing loss. I now know what caused it and even if I don't have much to protect anymore, I wear earplugs when I ride to protect what it is I have left. If only I had listened to people earlier.... but I didn't, so here I am, trying to prevent others from hearing loss due to wind noise from helmets.

I understand that we can disagree and still be civil... that's what makes this site so special. You have read what others have said in this thread and the choice is yours on how to use that information... earplugs or no earplugs. My hope is that others who read this thread will gain something from my plight and learn from mistakes I've made.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote