View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM   #37
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I have to tell you that for the first time in a very long time, I don't have a good answer to this basic question. I've always had a few future bikes in my head no matter what I owned at the time, pretty much up until the past year or two. But lately, I can't really list any that I still lust after. I guess that's confirmation that I'm officially old and boring.

Our RT is probably the nicest do-everything bike we could want, able to handle 2-up with luggage easily, fast and sporty enough for 1-up twisty-road fun, plenty of comfort, and all the gadgets we could want. There isn't a bike in the class that I'd want to replace it with, and if a meteor took out the garage and wiped the RT off the planet, I'd likely replace it with an identical machine.

I enjoy our 10R as well. It's teething issues have been worked out on my bike, with upgraded suspension and brakes now working well with that monster motor. Fun on the track, and still amusing on the street, but it does endanger the driver's license. Yes, the very latest literbikes make a handful more hp and perhaps handle a bit better out of the box, but none of them would allow me to ride any quicker on the street or track, or have more fun, so again I can't see replacing it any time soon. It serves its purpose.

Last but certainly not least, our ninjette is a simply great machine. Great fun in just about all conditions, asks for nothing, and returns smiles all day. Cheap to buy, cheap to run, and cheap to maintain. And it's a great bike for Annie to take out every once in awhile if she ever feels the need.

So I dunno. Though a new bike isn't in our immediate (or even medium-term) future, I'd guess it would be something that's completely different from the above to add to the garage, maybe a dual-sport or a pure dirt machine. We've got only a few years before I hope the little one can start to join us in this hobby, and dirt will almost definitely be the way to go at that point.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote