View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #9
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgentz View Post
thanks.

I will be dynoing the bike after the initial break in. I am taking an educated guess on fueling and using the stock ignition map initially. After break in, these will change. @RacerX has been very helpful with ignition ideas, and I got the jettingpro to play with.

As for reliability, these should be just as if not more reliable than stock. the compression is only ~1 point higher and I'm staying with NA. The motor (valve springs, seats, crank, etc.) has been updated and will be religiously checked along the build to ensure proper clearances. @tubarney and I have already discussed the need to leave the rod bearings at the loose end of the tolerances to allow for extra oil. Again, adding reliability.

As for fueling, I have decided to keep the carbs stock sized for now. I don't think the CR carbs are as good in the low-mid range and I would like to keep the throttle response clean and crisp. FI is out due to cost and weight. Besides, a well tuned carb beats FI...just ask the dirtbike folks or car engine builders. That being said....there is always room for improvement and I may try some things later. @tubarney has CR carbs and he can let us know his thoughts.
sounds like you really know what you're doing here. Looking forward to the results and hopefully emulating it in the future.