View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #6
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
I had that problem to. It was kind of pissing me off that it wouldn't line up on the studs. Eventually wiggled the thing on there, but tightening to their torque specs the left side of my exhaust has quite the gap (I tightened the exhaust down evenly). You can still see the washer and its crushed more at the top than at the bottom like so:

Attachment 16575

I don't want to torque it up more and snap a stud of, but the way it looks seems like it might have a leak there at some point. I also still get a bit of popping on decel after removing the kleen system and exhaust leaks could be the cause. Do any of you remember what you may have torqued it to? or did you just tighten till it was mostly flush
I finally gave up on it, mine is the left side also, mine is off so much that the part of the pipe that the crush washer is on won't even start into the engine. You can see a 1/64" gap on the top. The right side goes in smooth till the left side hits. If I match it up to the OEM pipe, you can see that right side flange isn't straight with the left side compared to the OEM pipe.
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote