Old March 7th, 2015, 07:42 AM   #23
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
"His first night at the hospital, he was in surgery for 7 hours for his injuries. He had a compound fracture to the right femur that tore the artery, punctured lung, bruised kidney, compound fracture to his right elbow where the muscle and nerves were torn from the bone, dislocated hip, broken pelvic, fractured two vertebras, dislocated both knees, broke his right ankle. Not to mention all the road rash from the accident as well."
Horrendous. His life right now and for many months ahead isn't a life I'd wish on my worst enemy. I hope he has support and I hope he finds strength within to get through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
It's when something like THIS happens so close to home that people really start to wonder what they're doing and how they're doing it. I really hope prospective riders in his family will learn this lesson..
I think it's likely those prospective riders will come to the conclusion "motorcycles are dangerous; you shouldn't ride one" instead of coming to the conclusion "motorcycles are dangerous; you should exercise a high level of care, self-responsibility and caution if you choose to ride one".

I regard the former conclusion as illogical, but none-the-less, deciding that "motorcycles are dangerous" may well save a lot of people from a disastrous outcome.

I think if someone achieves the wisdom to arrive at the latter conclusion, they will get to experience the very unique, enjoyable and engaging experience of riding with a vastly decreased risk of suffering a terrible crash.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.