View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2020, 02:55 PM   #59
65Mulberry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki bandit 1200 Ninja 250

Got the rear brake fluid reservoir hacked back on the EASY way this weekend... I cut about 1/2" off the hose from it to master cylinder and clamped reservoir back on which put it at exact position to use an old fairing clip flattened out and painted black as a mini-bracket!

Also switched the exhaust back to the OEM dual header and put on a set of old Cobra F1-R slip-ons I had sitting around here... ran HORRIBLE at first (which i anticipated anyways because I did the Oft Forbidden & Maligned Pod Filter Swap. ) It fell off flat died out at 7k RPMs. So I slid #4 washers under needles successively til 3 worked great and turned mixture screws 2.25 out and now it idles, accelerates, and runs like a dream !! super crisp throttle response. Did a few WO throttle chops while I messed with things and the spark plug checks showed a perfect burn on plugs. So we'll see how that goes.

Pulls really REALLY good too from 3000-to redline... so I'm pleased with that so far. Felt more like a 300-350cc really--mainly due to the 35-40 lbs I pulled off it I think. But I am truly pleased and a bit surprised with the acceleration and how hard it pulls compared to the many stock and modified EX250's I've been on. I'll look through my pile of front/rear sprockets next to see where I want to end up with that as well. Watch the video here to see the throttle response--you can see the cable pulling throttle plate and hear it rev--I'm pleased.

First ride down the highway at 70-75 mph it was stable as a rock and rode great. Suprised how little wind buffeting for a naked bike too... I think riding position takes care of most of that. Had previously only been on 15-45mph cruises around neighborhood.

Also got the headlight sorted out and working too... one bad plug and two burnt fuses later.. and got the front LED mini turn-signals hooked up too.

So then I took 45 mins of quarantine time and rerouted and retucked and rewrapped all the wiring-- what little is left that is.

PS: Had my free leftover eBay integrated tail light/turn-signal/plate holder wired up and mounted with a bracket I built but the solder joints were broken loose and lost the running lights on it. not worth fixing really so I Got another on the way to replace it... I'll cover that little build in the next post update.

image3.jpeg

image2 (3).jpeg

ninja12.jpg

Video (1).MOV
65Mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote