View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2020, 07:41 AM   #1
TAorama
ninjette.org newbie

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

2016 Ninja 300 Emissions Removal / Block-off Plate Advice?

Greetings all! I'm working on a 2016 EX300 track-day-only build and am considering removing the Kleen-air emissions mess. I've searched for a good tutorial and haven't seen anything really detailed or definitive as far as how it affects tuning and making other components work together with this mod, so I'll ask! I mean, I've seen the "I took the Kleen system off and installed the block off plate and my exhaust doesn't pop anymore" threads, but how does that REALLY affect the rest of the system?

The bike has a full Yosh R77 exhaust. I've got a PCV on order and I'll get the appropriate map for whatever I do and hopefully actually get it dyne tuned at some point. My debate is, initially, should I install a block-off plate for the Kleen system, and what to do with the O2 sensor? Will the PCV use the data from the O2 sensor or can I toss it? There's a bung for it on the Yosh pipe so it's NBD to keep it. Will the removal of the Kleen system cause more trouble than it's worth?

I'm good with HOW to remove the valves, tubes, etc. I just want to make sure that what I want to do to it and the components I add will not cause more harm than good. If anybody has a complete setup with good results, please let me know what you did and how you made everything work together.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
TAorama is offline   Reply With Quote