View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2020, 10:43 PM   #4
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Full exhaust required. Muffler not as significant. Tyga full-exhaust makes about 1bhp more than Area-P from dyno-charts I've found.

Actual top-speed of new-gen is ~96mph (106 on factory speedo). I got top-speed figures from several independent magazine tests. It varies +/- couple mph based upon grade of road, wind-speed & direction, altitude, ambient-temperatures and humidity, mirrors folded or not, how tightly you are tucked in with just pinky-fingers on grips, etc. A double-bubble windshield is good for +2-3mph. I measured post-upgrade changes based upon calibrated Trailtech Vapour gauge.

Now, full exhaust along with going 1-size leaner on main-jets to compensate for super-rich factory jetting will get you in neighborhood of 12:1 AFR. Not ragged-edge max-power which occurs @ 13.5:1, but you'll have safety-margin for bad-fuel, hot-weather, mis-firing plugs, etc. Along with snorkel delete, you'll be looking at +20-22% more power. This brings your top-speed to 103mph (113 on speedo).

I'm going to experiment with extra flared sections on fairing ahead of hands to shield arms better. Even with my elbows against tank and pinkies on grips, arms are still exposed. That should be good for another 1-2mph. Also going to put 1" dent on top of tank for my chin; trying to get top of helmet under windshield's top.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; May 24th, 2020 at 11:32 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.