View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2020, 05:03 AM   #5
vour
ninjette.org member

Name: Vour

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Full exhaust required. Muffler not as significant. Tyga full-exhaust makes about 1bhp more than Area-P from dyno-charts I've found.

Actual top-speed of new-gen is ~96mph (106 on speedo). I got top-speed figures from several independent magazine tests. It varies +/- couple mph based upon grade of road, wind-speed & direction, altitude, ambient-temperatures and humidity, mirrors folded or not, how tightly you are tucked in with just pinky-fingers on grips, etc. A double-bubble windshield is good for +2-3mph. I measured post-upgrade changes based upon calibrated Trailtech Vapour gauge.

Now, full exhaust along with going 1-size leaner on main-jets to compensate for super-rich factory jetting will get you in neighborhood of 12:1 AFR. Not ragged-edge max-power which occurs @ 13.5:1, but you'll have safety-margin for bad-fuel, hot-weather, mis-firing plugs, etc. Along with snorkel delete, you'll be looking at +20-22% more power. This brings your top-speed to 103mph (113 on speedo).

I'm going to experiment with extra flared sections on fairing ahead of hands to shield arms better. Even with my elbows against tank and pinkies on grips, arms are still exposed. That should be good for another 1-2mph. Also going to put 1" dent on top of tank for my chin; trying to get top of helmet under windshield's top.
The ninja 300 has 39 hp and can reach 190 kmh /120 mph with full exhaust we get about the same hp so I was curious if it can reach around that
vour is offline   Reply With Quote